Thursday, May 24, 2007

Practice perfect

I went to bed early than usual last night. I need to wake up early and have that energy for the next day's big event. It's so important, so so important and I'm excited of the outcome.

Today, I just had a meeting with our new European customer and discussed our capabilities in supporting their product. Off-course, it's a matter of new business pull-in and in times like this , it only mean one thing...brain draining.

For a technical job such as mine and an environment dominated by man, I need to be effective and assertive. And well, after the whole day's presentation and table discussion, I received a very good feedback, what an accomplishment. Ang saya saya!

Actually, last week I also had one of my US customers visit the factory. It's our first time to meet in person after having that bunch of e-mails going back and forth. And since I've been working with them for a year, the agenda mostly covered project updates and road maps.

Confident to present my part with expertise, deep inside, I felt guiltily that I had taken it too easy. My workaholic me is out of sight, a seemingly odd situation of myself especially when it comes to work matters.

Do I just sound so hard on myself? hmmp, I don't think so, because I think the main reason of not having that momentum last week is my being fancied of what I'm watching last week (see my previous post)...ha ha. Anyway, so glad that I'm back to my old self and now you know why today is so darn important.

I've learned in school that practice makes it perfect and have spent so many sleepless night in practicing mathematical equations just not to have that singko. But now, I can't stand of not having at least 5hrs of sleep...Gah! ano ba ito, senyales na ba 'to ng tumatanda...ha ha

Tonight, I ate my lunch with my dinner, see how it did affect me. Anyway, it was a long day and have to pamper myself, so I ate in my fave resto. I actually would like to take pix so you can peek on the dish, but I don't have my camera with me. Next time, I'll do it and that would be all for today folks.

2 comments:

Analyse said...

all work and no play makes john a dull boy. so dont feel guilty in taking time for yourself .. you deserve it! go girl!

Napotzki said...

Yeah otherwise I'll be the one who'll break due to pressure.

But what I'm saying though is that I could have come-out to a more better presentation should I have put more time on it. Just picture me being on a sleepy mode inside the conference room...haha

Anyway, it's a lesson learned.^^