Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Time to move on?

There are just so much that I would like to write, but once I started to hit my laptops keys, it has left me clueless or better say speechless to be exact.



Whilst the cold breeze of winter, I decided to walk going home. Hoping that the 30minutes walk will allow me to ponder on things and finally have a decision upon reaching home. This is one of those times that I just wanted to be alone.



Recently, I received a job offer back home and weighing on things, the only topic for discussion is the salary. Significant difference of course, on the side, I could finally be with my family.



I like Taiwan a lot and have iterated so many times how I love my lifestyle here. But the question that popped out of my mind is that until when I could stay here? Money for sure is important, but is it the bottom line of everything?



I'm not saying that preparing for the future is not important. Indeed it is, I'm not just the type who plans and sets goals to have much, for example, this year I'll have this, next year this one, and so on and so forth.



I always believed that sufficient for the day is what's important, for tomorrow will worry for itself just like what the bible says. But then again, I guess I don't have that enough courage to go back. It takes a lot of faith to do so considering the status of the Philippines.



When you had that experience to leave outside and go back home say for vacation, you can't help to compare and hoped that the pleasures outside is the same thing in the Philippines. Never knew and understand why from a well-known developing country in the 70's has turned into a 3rd world country in the 20th century? In which the current economy greatly depends on OFW's remittances. And what will happens next? I don't know either.



And since there will come a time for me to come back, I wanted to settle for sure in the Philippines. I just hoped that I have the confidence to say that my family has a future. Having said that, I think I should keep my feet here for now!

No comments: