Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November audit craze

When I said before that I'll prevent blogging work matters topic, I actually didn't believe it. How can I share other stuff when my 14hrs in a day is consumed to working. And if our company will have a loyalty award for expats, definitely I'll be one of the nominee. Imagine, I'm the only survivor out of the six expats previously in our department. Meaning, I'm the only foreigner, which I won't brag about but I'm really proud of it, pinoy ata ito!


Anyhow, I hoped you won't get bored reading again this sort of lenghty blog about my entertaining job...hmmp, maybe entertaining only for me...ha ha


Yesterday my end, end customer had an audit. And when you say audit, everyone is in alarm level#1. But I'm somehow confident because last Friday, the premier#1 brand worldwide (S...)had an audit. And this end, end customer of mine is also from Japan and in cases like this, there must be a translator which of course is not me. So inside the meeting room are multi-cultural people composed of Taiwanese, English, Japanese and yours truly.


My first job was a Jap firm and has spent almost a year. Hence, I can still vividly recall some words and so, when I introduced myself in Niponggo, they were surprised...ha ha ha. My company then offers training in Japan and I was the first in our batch to got the privileged of a six months training program. Unfortunately, it wasn't pushed through as my visa was denied. I said to myself at the time, ok lang yun...but thinking it now sayang s'ya, If I just waited for 3 more moths to re-apply for the visa as their pushing to have me stayed, I could have been there already for free. Well yes, knowing how expensive travelling to Japan nowadays will make me to reconsider. Anyway, I resigned and the rest is history.


Going back to the meeting room, aside from listening to and discussing the agenda in which I also prepared myself. I can't help not to stare and observed how could one recognize this seemingly same individuals. Local folks says that Jap consider themselves as superior among their race, well for some reasons I agree because when you said made in Japan...wow, it must be good, the quality I mean. And while pondering, I think the identification trademark would be the eyes.


So we went into the line and not wondering why the English guy keeps beside me. Of course, I'm the only one he could understand. And has spent an hour of more blah blah blahs. Then they departed to the other floors of our building to continue the audit with another entertainer. After they've left and while returning some audit items, the production supervisor asked me "How many Chinese words could you say?" Oh well, I said itien-tien (means little), then both of us laughed afterwards.


Having said that, given the chance to be a customer in the future, wow, really hoping for that chance, I could somehow communicate with them right? cause I know itien-tien...ha ha ha, kidding aside though, but I do hoped that my mandarin skills will drastically improved next year as one of my goals.


To close with , we finished at 5PM with minor findings. Very nice, and then requested our team to attend dinner with them. For past experiences, although it's time to have that bonding, it usually ends up to a working dinner. And though I liked one of those Jap end customer, coz he defended us from our end end customer, I declined and headed back to the office where I'll just start going over on other pending activities...whew! tough job isn't it, but entertaining...^&^

2 comments:

Analyse said...

wow, you're a hardworker! how could you work that much? where do you get that energy?

i'll be audited next week too, and i dread that time, really!

Napotzki said...

It's mainly because I'm passionate with my job, I love what I do.

Well, your on the way to your audit now and hope isn't it late yet. Basically, you need to check the usual SPECS vs the actual.And if it's a real big one, suggests to do pre-audit to correct immediately those non-conforming items before the acutal one. Hope it helps...^^