Sunday, November 16, 2008

Productive weekend

This weekend seems productive I think and maybe you might ask why.


Well, yesterday morning I was able to go to the wet market which I was planning for more than a month. Before with my housemates, we normally go there every payday, but since I started leaving alone, I became used to buy in the grocery. Of course groceries has higher prizes than the traditional ones, so I was really happy that I could save plus it's fresher I supposed.



What amazes me here in Taiwan is that in their wet markets, you could also do shopping at the same time. Yeah, it's a one time shop which has stores for clothes, bags, shoes and anything you'll want in much affordable prizes. How I wish I bought my camera with me for your visualization. Anyways, I'll try to do it next time. And since I'm on budget, I settled my eyes in looking and left after getting my needs. A record breaker of spending only an hour of buying.



My mother is really a good cook and I love to cook when I had time. The problem is, I didn't inherit her skills. So far, I only know 5 recipes which I alternately cook, and maybe it's only me who'll aprub the taste. Well, as long as it's edible right, ha ha...So I cooked nilagang baboy just enough for the whole days consumption.



And then in the afternoon, I was able to sweep and mop the floor. Finally, I could removed those accumulated dust. Can't remember when was the last time I mopped. And with just me, surely one afternoon isn't enough to clean everything. But at least, I did my best, so should be OK. One more thing, what about the laundry? well, skip this week and do it next week. Whew so tiring! can somebody send me a maid please!



I spent this morning till noon in the church and after checking progress of our activities for Christmas, I went home afterwards. So, I cooked broccoli with shrimp sufficient till dinner and then took a quick nap.


After waking-up, I could still feel my stomach full and so, I decided to jog in the university which is just in front of my apartment. Again, I forgot to bring the camera with me. I was downstairs when I realized it and so lazy to go back. I guess, my thoughts are also still flying at the time. Anyway, I was able to have 4 loops this time, twice as I had 2 weeks ago and I hope I'll improve next time. I missed jogging with sweats dripping my face and back and with the winter coming, I bet it'll be a lot of effort doing so.



The night is still young, much so in saying I'm not yet finish doing my chores. I ate my dinner and took break by watching television just enough to do the next task. So, while watching Dwayne Johnson's movie "The game plan", I was ironing clothes for this workweek. Well, it's the last one to finish and had a good time while watching it. And before I closed this post, I was reminded of Peyton's question to Joe which you'll know the answer if you've watched the movie. But the question is actually applicable to all, and made me also to ponder. So, what about you, " What is the best thing that ever happened to you?"

No comments: