Monday, November 17, 2008

On budget campaign

2 months ago, a former colleague of mine e-mailed me about their company's imposing force leave due to economic downturn. She inquired further of how are we doing so far, which I replied back as still stable. Our respective companies are basically the top competitors in this field and having said that, we're not into spying each other OK, but rather checking out latest updates in our lives.


But in just a matter of time, this global economic crisis has also started it's blow in our company. Effective last week, we're enforce of 1 day-off every week. Now it's 1 day, maybe 2 next month or 3, who knows...as economist predicts that this crisis will last until quarter 2 of next year. A total big loss for sure, but looking at the bright side, there's definitely a purpose and something that can be learned out of it.



So for my case, I started real budgeting and watch out my expenses. Actually, this statement is a big deal especially for a shopaholic like me ( I may misspelled it) and would like to believe that I'm succeeding to date. Anyway, everything is a work in process right. So, I'll do it one step at a time.



Say for example, today I went to Watson's to buy my toiletries. And in that area, several shopping stores are found which I usually go thru just like today. With the season changing and winter coming in, it's a norm to check the newest fad and those for sale summer clothes I've been eyeing. Oh my, the gorgeous dress is already 50% off, so I hurriedly fit it and was convince does looks good. But deep inside says it isn't practical and so I left without regrets after returning the dress on its rack. Yeah, no regrets because for sure it's much cheaper next month...ha ha



Another way to may I say budget campaign is to lessen eating outside. Just like today's stride is usually accomplish with me eating my favourite beef noodles. Well, apart from the toiletries, I also bought chocolote cookies for my craving, it's no yet dinner anyway. Hmm, wise buy I guess as I could also eat it during my snacks, yummy with milk.


No comments: