Thursday, November 27, 2008

On times of crisis

Everyone heeds and trying to keep composure as the verdict will come out in just a matter of days. News circulating around says that 10% of the current workforce will be cut-off from both direct and indirect labor. And that would mean adding 1000 more jobless people in this sadly to say rapidly depleting world.



With the advantage of seeing everyone working at their best efforts, it still fretting going to work and later found out that you'll never come back the next day right. I actually don't believe that the weakest link are mostly expected to be sent off. What about those people who pledge their loyalty and service to the company, will it just end up in vain and wait till the company goes into bankruptcy? as such, no one is indispensable, recession is at the threshold and shortly after will be opened.




Even me, I'm starting to prepare myself and deal issues related to this. But what I'm more concerned about are the OFW's who just came here. When they left home, everyone is hoping for a better future for their family. Most of them has payed large amount of processing fees, which was either taken from loan sharks or worse sold or used their hard earned possession as collateral. What about those? what will happen next?




It's really sad that in a situation like this, the ones affected most are the "little people". Last Friday night as I've waited my bus and work shift Filipinos pass me by, I don't know why I can't help not to stare on their eyes and feel sorry at the same time. I'm not sure what I'm thinking exactly, but I guess if there's only enough good job back home, maybe the pain won't be this much.



On the side, I will always be forever grateful to God for bringing me to Taiwan. I'm sure lots of expats will agree. For me, He has given the best years experience of my life and career. More than I could ever dreamed or imagined and amidst the situation, I believe His preparing the best things for everyone. Just like the bible says, when a door closes, He will open another window, and that window is from ceiling to floor.


No comments: