Sunday, July 8, 2007

Times of Reflection

My daily routine has turned back once again of working till midnight, skipping dinner on time and if have luck, eat finger foods at my desk just to use that extra time and for what, for working as usual. So absorb attending to work issues, that I failed to recognize that I'm forgetting to take care of myself.

I do love my job, no doubt on that and it's the main reason why I am working so hard. Always a team player, always doing my best in resolving process issues. But this time, it's different, it hit me so hard, so hard to consider giving up and leave everything behind, the things that I have worked so hard building. It's the time that I felt so down at the wire.

I have come to the point of giving up, yes, not because it is too hard, too difficult, I wanted to get out, I can't do it anymore, maybe, just maybe...but, the main reason I believed I have come to this thinking is because I realized that what I'm doing is not the bottom line of everything.

What's the use of being able to buy things that you want if your going to loose your health. What's the use of getting recognition if your going to loose valuable time with family, losing time on the things that will make you happy. What's the use of being up in the ladder if your going to be all alone.

Those thoughts has struck me more that I ever imagine. I am putting myself on unnecessary stress and pressure that I'm forgetting the things that will really make me happy.

To be continued....

p.s. If you've notice, I put the title inside of this post as my browser can't key-in the title bar. Not sure though what's wrong. Appreciate if anyone can advise how to fix it...thanks

2 comments:

Analyse said...

hey, that's a blow of fresh air.. great that you're realizing things that way, without being too hard on yourself. essentials things are those that money cant buy, aint it.

my happiness is when im playing with my daughter.. simple satisfaction.

re: title. dont know too.. re-try probably.. you know, we're chem engrs, we're not techy nerds hehe..

Napotzki said...

When I'm like this, I usually overspend because I wanted to enjoy my labor. But that's just temporal.

Right, happiness can be found by just marvelling on the face of a child.How I wish I could have my Louna at the end of the day.