Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hat's off to you Survivor

Thou it seems like no one is following this blog or being nice or considerate enough to drop comment, I won't be discourage nor hinder from updating this blog of mine. But still, I had hopes of course to gain friends over here.

Anyway, 1st sem is over but it's been a busy week for me in computing my student's grades. More so, in preparing other documents for my clearance in which if I hadn't complied with will be the reason of me not in the payroll list this month. Ouch, it can't be since I had so many obligations (means bills to be payed for). So, hurry....lol

Also done this week was the closure of the deal on our historic jeep, which was on sale for sometime now. I haven't had a picture of it actually until the actual day it was sold. And while their towing it away from it's usual place, I was crying and turned back to ease the pain. Loosing and selling it was hard on our part, especially for mom. It was a very special thing for her, something very near on her heart. And why it couldn't be so?



This jeep has been with us for more than 20yrs. It was my parents first vehicle bought and thou it wasn't brand new when bought, we had considered it then as new. This jeep was our transport means for all the goods to the store back and forth. From the original padyak (pedicab - bicycle with 3 wheels), that's why they named him Survivor. It was my late father's baby, he droves it along Ayala Avenue to Pasong Tamo Makati back then and later to our home place area now. This jeep was usually my sundo (service) during flood days in Intramuros and going home from evening classes. It was then my sundo again (service) when I started working. And to the other many countless service days whenever Tatay (father) Italicwould like to visit our relatives or take the family outside for bonding.

There's just so, so many good memories with Tatay's jeep. And just like everything, it has also grown old. The paint fainted, the metal tarnished and the seats had been broken. Yet the heart of it, which is it's motor is still alive. Yet, after father died 7 years ago, it hardly ever left it's parking or better say ever run again. I really don't know what happened, I was still in Taiwan then. Don't know why my brothers whom I should say expert drivers, never had the guts to drove Tatay's jeep again. It's late when we learned that it already lost it's franchise and can't be renewed again. Thus, leaving mother to finally decide selling what I should say, her most material possession.


I asked her, " Nay, ok ka lang ba talagang ibenta ang jip? eh souvenir nyo yun ni Tatay. importante yun sa yo." (Mom, are you really ok, selling the jeep? it's yours and father's souvenir. It's important to you). She then utter to me, " Oo, ok lang. Matagal na din syang nakaistambay lang. Tama na yun. Si Tatay mo, kasama natin kahit saan. " (Yes, it's ok. It's been in the parking for a while. I think it's enough. Your father, will always be with us."



And before it finally roll out, I took a picture of her and the jeep for the very last time. I'm glad she's smiling and I'm sure even it's already gone, her memories with this jeep will always be with her. Hat's off to you Survivor.

No comments: