Friday, December 19, 2008

Promise of new beginning

I had this feeling for sometime now. Why would not I ? after returning from 3 months leave, the office was already full of new and new, yet old faces. It's surprises me thou to see the later because, those people have left the company for sometime and then go back with a continuous length of service. Oh well, where can you find such favor? anyway, I'm pretty sure they do know exactly what they're doing.



I do loved my job, there's no question about that. But with the recent changes of leadership, plus my health being compromised made me to consider resigning after a month. I do understand the employment risk of expats here in Taiwan. In a span of one month, hundreds of Filipino's where laid-off and sent home. Rules also become stringent in the company, say for example: once there's customer complain and mis-operation, the fault person will be automatically terminated. No negotiation, period and this rule applies to either local or foreign.




Despite the uncertain economy, thought of resigning made me think a lot. Perhaps the reason why I'm feeling low these past few weeks. Yet, decision has to be made. So, when I had the chance to talk to my manager, I boldly told him to lay-me off or transfer me to another team rather than suffer more misery later on with my leader. Mind you leader was my close friends before she got promoted, but started to complain favors I got from manager. Indeed, I was blessed to have higher favors.



Manager was good enough allowing my transfer and say good things about me. Why will I knew? he blind copy me on all e-mails sent to dept heads. He said, he can't afford to loose me, but only this crucial timing that need the transfer. Each time I saw it, I can't help not to shed tears. And though I'm trying to hold on for my love with my job, at the back of it, I knew staying isn't the answer.




I am about to go home for Christmas holidays using my 2 weeks force leave. But when I get my ticket yesterday, the HR personnel asked me to go to the meeting room. Oh boy, this must be something really serious, I said to myself. That's it, everything was settled there. I took my stuff back to office accompanied by a security. And thou I have prepared myself should matters gets worse, once you're there, it isn't enough. The blow of events strike me like a knife. I don't know how many hours I cried. What I knew is that my head kills me in pain and weigh so heavy that made me throw up. So once again, I was back to the hospital.



I rush to the clinic or hospital by myself most of the time. But tonight it's different, I have a christian companion with me. The fellowship was an encouragement and a reminder of my situation compared with other people. Certainly, if I will look on deeper, I have more things to be grateful for.



So, when I wake up this morning, I'm not hurrying for work anymore. The good night sleep last night was surprising. It enabled replenishment of God's promises for the new direction I'm going to face. Yes, I am jobless now, but I do believe His preparing better things for me than I had planned for myself. That all these things are connected with one another in order to meet God's ultimate plan for my life. You see, if I resigned earlier I will not get an SLP, it's not much, but it's a good start. Plus my papers update for immigration came-up timely. So what can I ask more, what can I complain in this situation. Nothing I supposed, but to give thanks to God and rejoice!



P.S. This blog will be in hiatus for a while...but I'm still here, talking... @_@



Greeting you in advance.....




A blessed Christmas and a Prosperous New Year

No comments: